This exclusive list of companies based in Cambridge and the East of England ‘flags up start-ups barely on the commercial radar but tipped to grow globally’.
Six ideaSpace companies appear among those listed:
- Audio Analytic which produces sound recognition software that automatically classifies sounds by means of computer analysis.
- Cambridge Carbon Capture creator of an electrochemical process that captures carbon dioxide from the combustion of hydrocarbons as solid carbonate materials.
- Fonleap a software company which created a technology to enable seamless interoperability between different devices without relying on remote access.
- Green-Tide Turbines which is developing a novel water turbine designed to generate electricity from run-of-river or tidal streams to significantly reduce the cost of energy.
- Knowledge Transmission an education technology company that partners with education publishers, international university groups and private language chains to deliver mobile products to their customers and students.
- Skin Analytics which is developing a cloud-based service to enable consumers to detect early warning signs of skin cancer through advanced image processing technology.
There are also two ideaSpace alumni on the list:
- iSotera a firm which offers intelligent LED lighting system that can make LED lights more energy-efficient, and installation more affordable, now based at the Science Park.
- PragmatIC Printing which enables printed logic circuits that introduce intelligence and interactivity into a wide range of products and applications, currently based at St John's Innovation Centre.
ideaSpace is a hub for founders in Cambridge. While it is a part of the University of Cambridge, it is not just for people from the University. Members join ideaSpace to become part of a community of over 100 founders and founding team members pursuing ventures with potential global impact. For more information on membershipvisit here.