ideaSpace is all about building an inclusive community in which innovation can thrive. We make connections with other innovation-supportive organisations to give members the opportunity to network both with their peers and with potential investors and advisors.
We have developed strong links with the main region’s business incubators which successful ideaSpace members often move on to, such as St John’s Innovation Centre, the Babraham Bioincubator and Colworth Science Park.
This provides an opportunity for experienced entrepreneurs, innovators, mentors and advisors to engage with fledgling ventures, and innovators with new ideas and technologies.
Babraham Research Campus
ideaSpace and Babraham Bioscience Technologies have an arrangement for the mutual benefit of their members and tenants. ideaSpace members have discounted access to the ‘plug and play’ molecular biology and biochemistry laboratory facilities at the nearby Technology Development Laboratory (TDL) on Babraham Research Campus.
Key equipment includes:
- Biacore T200
- BMG Labtech Pherastar platereader
- Two GE 20/50EHT Wave Bioreactors
- ÄKTAPurifier UPC 100 liquid chromatography system
Tenants of the Babraham Campus also have use of ideaSpace hotdesk facilities and meeting rooms.
CamJelly – for co-working and networking
Every Friday, ideaSpace opens its doors to all-comers for a co-working and networking day run by CamJelly.
- Co-working - From 10 am – 3pm you can turn up with a device or book, sit a desk and do some work. We provide coffee, tea and biscuits and all we ask in return is a voluntary contribution of £1.
- Networking - At 3pm we have ‘topical chat session’ followed by informal chats and drinks.
Talk to us
ideaSpace is an active member of the entrepreneurial cluster in Cambridge. If you have a project you would like us to be a part of, or advise on, please get in touch.
Past projects we have supported include:
- Astia - East of England Network
- Cambridge University Entrepreneurs - sharing student enterprise society best practice
- CamTechNet - building a regional network of start-up best practice workshops
- Enterprise Tuesday - remote delivery of leading entrepreneurial inspiration and education
- i-Teams - building student teams to explore the market potential for university-sourced technology and ideas
- makeSpace - a community inventing shed
- National Consortium of University Entrepreneurs- supporting and building student enterprise societies in the East of England
- Open Innovation Workshops - linking start-ups with large companies for problem discovery and first customer support
- Qi3 Accelerator - building an acceleration and support methodology for high value manufacturing start-ups
- Springboard- establishing and growing a Cambridge-based 3 month acceleration programme
- Wysing Arts Centre, Creative Accelerator Workshop - applying artistic processes and design thinking to business problems
- Young Enterprise - creating a programme of entrepreneurship conferences and short programmes in secondary schools.